Thursday, January 29, 2009

So Callie is always a bit of a mystery to me. So the story starts with me being taken out of the Mother of Year award nominations, and it's only January. I was at the hair dresser waiting very impatiently for her to take the foils out of my hair and she was running behind with my cut. I watched the clock tick by faster and faster. At that point I was at her mercy run out of the salon looking like a freak or sit and watch the clock. I knew Callie would be walking home any minute. So Maggie and I went flying out of there right about the time Callie started to walk home from school (which she does everyday) and we arrived home (me frantic) about 5 minutes after Callie had arrived at the house. Agiain, like I stated before, I am out of the running for Mom of the year. She had forgotten the garage code and was on the front porch all forlorn. When I asked her why she was standing outside she burst out with, "I forgot the garage code, and I thought you and Maggie had left me for forever and I was going to have to turn 16 all alone, and I was trying to figure out how to build a snow house so I could have somewhere to live." Mind you she has been on the porch for less than 5 minutes other kids are still walking home and she is already planning her melodramatic life of loneliness. She CRACKS ME UP! Hope your day was filled with high adventure as well.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

LMAO!!! She sounds so funny, cute and imaginative!

CAMP MARAS est. 1993 said...

Oh poor Callie....remember when the girls got stuck on their bikes on the corner last year? They had already started to plan how they'd share their cold lunches to survive. Never occured to them to just ride home. :) GOtta love 'em...next time call me or the school. I'll take her in a pinch anytime!

JoEllen